Had enough social isolating? Go socialize with cats! After months of lockdown, cat cafes across the country are starting to open following Covid-19 closures. The kitties are waiting: book your 1st post-quarantine cat cafe visit now!
Know Before You Go: Visiting a Cat Cafe After Covid-19 Closures
Like other business, cat cafes are opening to a changed world. “Opening” means something different at every cafe, in every corner of the country. Some cafes are already full service while others are starting slowly with more limited offerings. Many have reduced hours and still others are by appointment only. As Albuquerque’s Catopia puts it, “We’re kinda open!”
- Online reservations are highly encouraged to visit the kitties, and required by some cat cafes.
- Masks: highly encouraged by many and required by some cat cafes. Some cat cafes are selling super cute cat-themed face masks.
- Bring your best catitude! We’re all just figuring out this post Covid-19 closure world together.
- Check your cat cafe’s social media for the latest on hours and more.
Support Your Local Cat Cafe!
Love cat cafes? Show them! Cat cafes, like other small businesses, are reeling from the Covid-19 closures. They are the ultimate mom & pop corner small business … with a rescue mission. Your visits, merch purchases, and caffeine fix helps feed the kitties and pay the rent. Your support -right now- can make all the difference . How to stay connected to the cat cafe community:
- Think local! Make your local cat cafe your go-to for coffee and good eats! Many cat cafes have fabulous food and drink -now available for pickup or delivery.
- Adopt! Even cat cafes still under Covid-19 closures are still adopting cats via appointment. It is kitten season!
- Book the whole Cat Cafe! One of the most exciting responses to the requirements of reopening are the scheduling options offered by some cafes. Book a whole cat cafe for your household! Minneapolis’s Cafe Meow is offering an exclusive Purr Household Cat Lounge Experience where you can bring up to 6 people you currently live with for a flat fee .
- Plan Ahead: buy now, go later! Actual research show that we get as much pleasure planning a vacation as in the vacation itself (it’s science). Because visiting a cat cafe is basically a mini-vacation, double your joy by purchasing an e-gift card for a future visit now. Plan that cat cafe roadtrip for this summer with our cat cafe map.
- Who doesn’t need an hour or three at the Charming Cat Cafe?! Mini-vacation in purr-adise!
- Treat yourself to some Meowchandise! Without a doubt, the coolest cat stuff is found at cat cafes and in their online stores.
How about the purrect social distancing accessory from Pawffee Shop: a “Cats Are My Favorite People” wine tumbler! Cheers to your good health, cat peoples!
Take advantage of the once-in-a-lifetime opportunities that are popping up, like the online auctions that Cat Nook Cafe is holding regularly.
And don’t we all need this shirt from Casual Cat Cafe!!
Here are the cat cafes that are either currently open in some capacity or have announced their plans. **We are regularly updating this list as cafes announce their plans. Last Updated: Friday, 5/29/20**
- Chino Hills, Cat Cafe Rescue: Open! Must make online reservation!
- Santa Barbara, Cat Therapy: Fully open! Come n for a regular, reserved visit or a walk-in visit. Also available for private bookings for yourself and up to 5 people for a flat fee. Book it right up!
- Denver, Denver Cat Company: Open!
- Jacksonville Beach, Caffeinated Cat: Open!
- Miami, Cat Cafe South Beach: Reopens Wednesday, May 20
- Orlando, Kitty Beautiful Cat Cafe: Thursday, May 21
- Miami, Cat’s Meow Cafe: Open!
- St. Petersburg, Sunshine Kitty Catfe: **NEW** Grand Opening set for June 4!!
- Tallahassee, Tally Cat Cafe Re-opening May 18 12-8 pm
- St.Augustine, Frisky Cat Cafe: Open!
- Atlanta, Java Cats: Temporarily closed as of 7/3/20.
- Savannah, Pounce Cafe: Open May 15! Limited hours initially. Reservations and masks required.
- Lawrenceville, The Catfe: Open w/new hours!
- Marietta, Java Cats: Open! Masks and reservations required!
Honolulu, Hawai’i Cat Cafe: Fully open and back to normal hours! Just required to wear a mask and social distance.
Honolulu, Popoki & Tea: Reopening announcement coming soon. Private appointments available for pre-approved adopters.
- Chicago, Catcade: Hope to open by mid-June, “provided the world doesn’t get progressively shittier.” Fingers crossed on that! Adoptions are continuing , of course. And it is big time kitten season here.
- Evansville, River Kitty Cat Cafe: Open! Full menu, including the famous River Kitty macarons! Cat lounge reservations recommended.
- Indianapolis, Nine Lives Cat Cafe Currently open for curbside pickup of their wonderful treats and coffee drinks. Check their FB page for current hours. Hot Tip: If you happen to travel across Indiana on I70, Nine Lives is an easy jump off the highway for a coffee break!
- Louisville, Lucky Cat Cafe: Opening Friday, May 29!
- Louisville, Purrfect Day Cat Cafe: Opening Friday, May 22!
- New Orleans, Crescent City Cat Club: Open by appointment to visit ALL THE KITTENS! Please know that the guest cottage is currently not available.
- Minneapolis, Cafe Meow : Open! Regular reservations or book the Exclusive Purr-household cafe experience available! Up to 6 people from a single household can visit together for a flat fee. We love it! Also open for takeout and curbside pickup.
- Branson, Mochas and Meows Curbside pickup begins Wednesday, 5/20
- Columbia, Papa’s Cat Cafe : Open now! Online reservations recommended
- Kansas City, Whiskers Cat Cafe: Reservations required, open!
- Maplewood, Mauhaus Cat Cafe: Open for curbside pickup and delivery. Visits open for small group visits of up to 10 people .
- St. Louis, Cheshire Grin Cat Cafe: Open!
- Albuquerque, Catopia: Open for curbside pickup of all the goodies. And adoptions are, of course, continuing!
- Buffalo, Buckminster Cat Cafe: Cat Zone open by appointment, with a 4 person limit. And Buckminster online shop is always open with coffee, toys, gift cards!
- Huntington, Catpurrccinos Cat Cafe: Open for curbside pickup .
- Ithica, Alley Cat Cafe: Open for curbside pickup
- Sayville, Shabby Tabby Cat Cafe: Open by appointment
- Selden, A Kitten Kadoodle Cat Cafe: Cat-side is open for visitors! Cafe Curbside Pick-up Only for now.
- Charlotte, Mac Tabby Cat Cafe: Opens Friday, May 22!!
- Kernersville, Waffles & Whiskers: Opening Saturday, June 20!
- Dayton, Gem City Catfe: As of July 3: Upstairs lounge is open & takeout available. Adoptions by appointment.
- Greensburg, Cattfeinated Cat Cafe: Open! Masks required and reservations recommended.
- Hollidaysburg, Nine Lives Lounge: Open! Online reservations required -no walkins during on week days. Please place coffee order online at time of reservation. Walk-ins welcome on weekends.
- Norwood, Cat Nook: Open! Masks & reservations required !
Charleston, Pounce Cafe: Open! Limited hours initially. Reservations and masks required.
Chattanooga, Naughty Cat Cafe: Open Now! Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays 12pm – 5pm with a 10 person maximum.
Knoxville, Scruffy’s Cat Cafe: Grand Opening set for Friday, June 5th! Yes, kittens, a brand new cat cafe!
Murfreesboro, Catfeine Cat Cafe: Opens Friday, May 22!!
Nashville, Catio: OPEN! Starting Friday, May 29!
Nashville, Mewsic Kitty: Opening Friday, June 5th! Please check website for Covid adjustments.
Norfolk, Catnip Cat Cafe : Tentatively planning to open the weekend of 5/30. Please check FB for updates.
Berkeley Springs, Give Purrs a Chance: Opening Friday, May 29! Will be open daily 11 am -5 pm.
Appleton, Pawffee Shop: Reopening Tuesday, June 2! Follow their FB for details.