With the opening of LoCATioN, Florida has it’s first cat automat! Wait, what is a “cat automat?” In a twist on the prevailing cat cafe concept, the new Florida LoCATion offers treats via high-end vending machines. Serious decadence from top local purveyors is dispensed auto-cat-ically. Located in Port Orange, the Daytona Beach cat cafe promises to be popular with both locals and tourists needing some some cat cudddles and maybe a furever companion.
LoCation is Florida’s third cat cafe with cafes currently in Wilton’s Manor and Orlando. Two more cafes are in the works (Tallahasee and Miami).
5 Reasons We Love LoCATion
- The Vibe! Sleek, bright mid-century modern with cool build-outs for the kitties.
- Giant MEOW letters! Yep, you read that right!! Perfect for selfies with the kitties -MEOW!
- 15+ fabulous felines from Halifax Humane Society! Happy to while away an hour with you, or perhaps a lifetime.
- Amazing Local Treats! LoCATion offers treats from fabulous local vendors such as Sugar Belles Bakery and Brown Paper Bag Popcorn
- Extensive Hours! Not quite always open like Denny’s, but LoCATion is open way more than your average cat cafe! Open 7 days a week, with 6 days at 12+ hours to meet your cat and caffeine needs. Check their website for up-to-date hours. What are you waiting for?!
When You Go
- Reservations are not required but are recommended for busy times to avoid a wait.
- There is a small entry fee.
- A signed waiver is required. The form is available on their website and may be submitted online (Good job, LoCATion! More cat cafes should provide this option).
- Treats are self-service, hence the cat automat!